Promote the Community
The traditional view of chambers of commerce depicts our organizations as “community cheerleaders,” highlighting the activities taking place that make it a great place to live, work and play. Your Greeley Area Chamber of Commerce fulfills this key function through event sponsorship and business promotion. The variety of ways that we promote Greeley and everything great here can be found below.
Small Business Walk
Greeley Lights the Night
Small Business Walk
Each year, to celebrate Small Business Week, Greeley Area Chamber volunteers and staff walk the community. We call on small businesses, delivering a small gift to say “thank you for doing business in Greeley!” Along the way, we’ll ask a few questions about how business is going, the challenges they face, and where they’re seeing success. Often, challenges from one business will be repeated by others — providing an opportunity for the Chamber to collaborate with community partners on finding solutions to common problems.
This year, our volunteers walked the week of May 21. Chamber volunteers and staff visited 1000 businesses to say “thanks for keeping Greeley growing!”
This group of volunteers serves as the Chamber’s welcome committee and public relations team. Volunteers from investor businesses encourage communication and Chamber participation by calling on new investors, inviting them to get involved in Chamber programs.
Ambassadors also welcome guests at business connection events and provide support to the Chamber in investor development. They meet monthly just prior to Business After Hours.
New Ambassadors are always welcome. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how you can get involved.
Current Ambassadors include:
- Jason Appelhans, Cache Bank & Trust
- Heather Baeza, Great Western Bank
- Mary Jo Brockshus, RE/MAX Commercial Alliance
- Tina Danley, Full Circle Ag and Waste Water, LLC
- Misty Dockins, Mike Shaw Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
- Ilde Dominguez, New Horizons Realty
- Beryl Durazo, Boys & Girls Club of Weld County
- Alise Evans, Stewart Title
- Pam Evans, Homewood Suites
- Arnie Fiscus, Feel Fantastic Foot Factory
- Doug Gain, Doug’s Carpet
- Bert Garcia, Pro Lawn and Landscaping
- Amy Girtman, Bank of Colorado
- Keith Gray, Greeley Furnace Heating and Air
- Gene Haffner, Retired NCMC PR Director
- Glenda Haines, Eves & Haines Wealth Mgmt.
- Paul Hlad, Award Alliance
- Nick Kenny, Greeley Philharmonic
- Erik Knoche, Welld Fargo Bank
- Avi Kumar, Minuteman Press
- Monica Londono, Seniors Helping Seniors
- Sara Muth, First National Bank
- Kristi Ogren, Coldwell Banker
- Paul Pautler, House Inspection Pros
- Greg Robbins, Sears Real Estate
- Linda Robbins, Sears Real Estate
- Ryan Roth, Merrill Lynch
- Mikaela Sandridge, Weld Food Bank
- Tom Shaw, ServPro of Greeley/Windsor
- Sueann Swetzig, The Bridge at Greeley
- Tyler Terry, The Chiropractic Standard
- Zaya Thompson, Millennium Financial
- Lauren Tipton, Vitalant
- Maureen Walker, Assisted Living Locators
- Kevin Weimer, Coldwell Banker
- Jolene Yates, Weld Community Credit Union
- Sylvia Yost, Technical Framework
For information about becoming an Ambassador, contact email@example.com or call 970-352-3566.
As a program of the Chamber, Visit Greeley’s mission is to pursue and support conferences and visitor activities that enhance the economic viability of Greeley and Weld County. Our Visit Greeley staff and committee promote Greeley as a tourism destination and utilize community events as an opportunity to promote member businesses.
We supported the development of a hotel/conference center in downtown Greeley, now under construction, to complement the Union Colony Civic Center and Greeley Recreation Center as conference and event venues. Visit Greeley staff also participate on the Greeley Blues Jam Steering Committee each year.
For more information about the activities Visit Greeley promotes and the services it provides, take a tour at www.visitgreeley.org. For more information on conference and event services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Visit Greeley Advisory Board
Cooper Anderson, Greeley-Weld County Airport
Mari Hein Beegle – City of Greeley – Cultural Affairs
Ann Marie Cole, DoubleTree at Lincoln Park by Hilton
Kathy Dilbeck, Island Grove
Pam Evans, Homewood Suites
Jennifer Finch, Weld County
John Gates, Mayor – City of Greeley
Alison Hamling, DDA
Aimee Hutson – Aunt Helen’s Coffee House
Julie Jensen – Greeley Area Realtors Association
Kelly Johnson – City of Greeley
Michelle Kempema, Colorado Model Railroad Museum
Nick Kenny, Greeley Philharmonic Orchestra
Steve Lehwald – Colorado Model Railroad Museum
Cayley Loeffler, Greeley Stampede
Rochelle Peth, Island Grove
Amanda Pollock, Candlewood Suites
Cheyenne Rising – Gourmet Grub Scratch Kitchen
Regan Sherwood, Candlewood Suites
Natalie Stevens, City of Greeley – My Greeley
Ray Tschillard, Poudre Learning Center
Bryan VanDriel, UNC Conference Services
Amy Dugan, Visit Greeley Director
Sara Schell, Associate Director of Visit Greeley
Greeley Lights the Night
The Greeley Lights the Night Parade kicks off the Christmas season in Downtown Greeley the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It features floats, bands, vehicles and horses – all decked out in holiday lighting. Families line the parade route on 9th Avenue from 15th Street north to Lincoln Park at 7th Street. A park lighting ceremony follows with community carols. Sponsors make the parade possible. Contact CVBCoordinator@greeleychamber.com for additional information.
Save the Date! November 28, 2020!